Catch some laughs and learning with this wooden magnetic play set--complete with working wind-up reel! The 10 magnetic fish are numbered and patterned to enrich matching, sorting, and counting activities, and two wooden rods make collecting them a blast! Kids can use the spinner to play as a game, or just have fun collecting the pieces over and over again. Either way, there's plenty of fun in this sea!
- Wooden magnetic fishing game
- Catch the fish with the magnetic "hook"!
- Includes working wind-up rod and reel
- Use as a 2-player game or solo activity
- Great for hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, core strength, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
Discover Countless Ways To Play
- Help kids count all the fish pieces.
- Help kids identify colors and patterns on the fish (red, orange, striped, spotted).
- Have kids line up the fish from biggest to smallest.
- Have kids sort the fish into groups (odd or even numbers, striped or spotted patterns.)
- Place a bowl or bucket at the other end of the room. Challenge kids to catch the fish with the rod, then walk to the bowl or bucket and deposit the fish, one at a time.
- Roll down the top of the storage bag until it makes a shallow pool. Place all the fish in the pool and ask kids to catch them all.
- Set a timer or count to 20 while the players collect as many fish as possible with their fishing rods. See who collects the most!
- Challenge kids to tap each fish's body with the "hook" without attaching to the fish's magnet.
- Decorate a large piece of construction paper to make a fishing pond for your play surface. Add fishing chairs, hats, and buckets to complete the scene!