Hours of enriching block play await your toddler! This sturdy, wooden block cart features 30 solid wood traditionally styled one-inch cube blocks with a colorful collection of pictures, letters and numbers for simple recognition or matching, stacking and sorting activities. A tremendous value that will last for years!
- A classic set that will last for years
- Includes 30 1-inch blocks and rolling cart
- Features numbers, letters and pictures to identify for vocabulary-building.
- A timeless classic and playroom staple
Discover Countless Ways To Play
- Ask the child to see how tall he or she can stack the blocks without them falling over. Count each block out loud as it is added to the stack.
- Ask the child to look at each block and identify the image on each of its six sides. Repeat this activity until the child can correctly identify the images on all of the blocks.
- Build a simple structure and ask the child to replicate it.
- Point to a picture on a block and ask what letter it begins with.
- Ask the child to use the alphabet blocks to spell out his or her first name. (It may be necessary to use both the carved and stamped sides of the blocks.)
- Ask the child to place the blocks in alphabetical order from A to Z and the number blocks in numerical order from 0 to 9 excluding duplicate numbers.
- Select a group of picture blocks. Choose one of the pictures in your head and ask the child to guess the picture by asking the least number of questions.
- Spell AT with the letter blocks. Ask the child to add letters to either the front or the back of the AT letter pair to spell additional words. (Possible words: BAT, CAT EAT, ATE, FAT, VAT.) Repeat the activity using AN (BAN, CAN, FAN, RAN, TAN).
- Use the blocks to spell three- or four-letter words. For example: CAT and BOAT. Ask the child to read each word and say each letter out loud.
- Ask the child to create a number larger than 9 by using the number blocks. For example: If you say "fourteen," the child would use a one and a four block to make 14.